Monday, July 28, 2014

Life is a Highway

Hello all! I truly am sorry that this is so sporadic and not on a set schedule but I have just been so busy with work and being on vacation. Speaking of that I am in Los Angeles right now, with my girlfriend, after driving from Abiquiu, NM and being with my family and her for awhile. I was able to get three weeks off of work to do this road trip and being in New Mexico. I am so grateful how flexible my work that I am able to take time off like that, especially when I visit my girlfriend. While we are in LA, she will be doing some work and seeing friends and we are able to stay with her best friend which is amazing! 

We got in yesterday evening after staying in Flagstaff, AZ the night before. Everywhere we stopped in between were these weird gas station/shopping center like things which were the only places to stop so there were WEIRD people, so we spent as little time there as possible. Luckily we had A/C because some parts we drove through it got up to 106 degrees, which is NUTS...SO HOT. 

I feel a bit overwhelmed by LA right now just because where we came from was the complete opposite of LA. It was quiet, minimal traffic and very green, which is nice but to jump straight in to the craziness of LA after driving that long is a bit much I think.

Anyway, sorry for the personal stuff above but I just felt like telling you all what is on my mind. Now on to food! The place we went to is in Boulder, CO in downtown right in the thick of it called Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant. It is pretty busy usually but we happen to eat there when there was literally no one else there, maybe a few tables had guests. Below is what I had: a veggie burrito with beans inside and melted cheese on top and smothered in green chili. SO GOOD.


I am planning on doing more posts while here in LA since I have the time. I really am happy to be here just a little overwhelmed at first from coming from somewhere complete opposite. 

Anyway, I hope you all are having a great start to the week and I hope to post a few more this week!

I will catch you on the flip-flop lataaaaaaaaah!

PEACE and LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment