Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Winter is Here!

So I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and I know I should be doing this more often than I have been, I looked at the last time I posted was back in July! I am gonna make it a point to post at least once a month, be it y going somewhere to eat once a month or doing something which I cook at home. With that being said, this post is about something I make at least once a week to eat at home. It is easy to make and feeds A LOT of people, so I am made enough to feed 3-5 people but I had LOTS of leftovers. This is going to a lot of pictures so bear with me!

^
Here is a picture of everything you need to make taco salad: shredded cheese (whichever is your favorite, I used a Mexican cheese blend from the grocery store), a can of chili beans (I would go with Kuner's if you can, but any will do!), two cans of corn (I got some that had some chili's and pepper in the mix), lettuce, onion, french dressing and, of course, tortilla chips! (the ones I am using you can only get in Colorado).

^
First, start with your head of lettuce.


^
Make sure to de-core it! Then cut it in half.



^
Then, depending on how much lettuce you want, dice it up like you would an onion (I usually use the full head).

^
Now take your onion!

^
Dice that up! You might start to tear up, but it will be okay <3

^
Now that you have dome most of the prep, go ahead and pour those beans in a sauce pan over low-medium heat.

^
Add those onions and corn!

^
Looking good!

^
Now mix up it all and let that simmer 10-20 mins. I must say the colors look beautiful.

^
Once all that goodness is nice and warm pour it into a big bowl!

^
Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese over all that awesomeness! Add the dressing and mix it up!

^
Once everything is mixed, sprinkle some crushed chips, I decided to use tortilla chips and Doritos!

^
Congratulations! You just made some amazing food! Pat your self on your back and chow down on that super bueno food. Now I like to top it off with some salsa and extra chips, but obviously out your twist on it!

This was so fun to do! I love sharing food I make with people, so I implore you to try and make this and put your own flair on it and I would love to see what everyone makes so I can try it as well! Like I said before, i am going to try and post at least once a month. There will definitely be a post for Thanksgiving where I will be sharing it with my girlfriend's family in Minnesota, so be ready for that!

I am going to start making music more soon I hope just costs money for what I need to do so but I excited to start doing that again. I used to be on GarageBand a lot at my friends but i never was able to at my house since I did not have an Apple computer, but I did some researching and I think I found software for doing just that, not only for my beatboxing but with built sounds and loops.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good fall so far! It is snowing for the time this year which is nice. Stay tuned for the Thanksgiving post!

I will catch you on the flip-flop lataaaaaaaaah!

PEACE and LOVE.


















No comments:

Post a Comment